Monday, December 17, 2007

34 Weeks

So, I can't believe that we're down to six weeks before the due date. I heard the end of pregnancy drags for most people, but with the holidays and moving and everything else going on, time is flying by. We'll only see our doctor two more times before we leave. We just finished our last prenatal class last week. I watched a birth on video for the first time in my life. Yes, the first time. I've never had any desire to see one before now. I get grossed out pretty easily. I wasn't even planning on watching this time, but I was curious. So, I carefully watched, ready to look away at any moment. But I surprised myself. It wasn't nearly as gross as I thought it would be, and I felt pretty tough at the end. I'm totally ready to have a baby now.

2 comments:

Holly said...

You know, I didn't think things dragged on until the last couple of days. I only have 11 days to go and it feels like it's taking forever. But at the same time it's going really fast. Being busy helps pass the time though. Anyway, the baby will be here before you know it!

Anonymous said...

I surprised myself, too...after Lennon was born, I asked the doctor, "Hey, where's my placenta?" He looked a little surprised but held it up for me to see. I was so thrilled and fascinated at what I'd made...funny how things change once it's YOUR baby and YOUR delivery...I am so excited for you guys!