When I was growing up, summertime meant playing outside constantly. But when you live in the South, you spend most of your time indoors. Unless you're swimming, there's no reason to be outside where it's incredibly hot and humid... every... single ...day. So, we spend a lot of time playing indoors, reading books, and doing little art projects.
Bailey loves painting. She tries every single color, and then she's usually done.
This guy also enjoys a little artistic expression.
I got a little desperate one day. Bailey really wanted to do a "project" (something she asks to do once in a while), and I had no idea what we could do. I looked in the pantry, saw some old ice cream cones from last summer, and a project was born.
It was a hit.
A special surprise from our last Ikea trip: an easel. We've definitely gotten a lot of use out of it so far.
I had to get a picture of this drawing. This is the first time she has ever drawn anything that resembles a person (or anything other than scribbles). I was so excited when I saw it.
Since then I've seen quite a few versions of this cute little guy.













2 comments:
Bailey is very talented. I love that easel! I want one.
FUN! I LOVE the Bailey's person drawing! And I love the shoes she was wearing while drawing it. I always tell my preschoolers "High heels make you a better artist." It's just pure fact. The picture of Sawyer with his ice cream cone is adorable. What a fun idea! I love craft days.
Post a Comment