Friday, May 9, 2008

Bailey's First Trip to Michigan

A couple of weeks ago, Bailey and I made a trip home to Michigan.
Bailey was so excited to meet her Great-Grandpa Miller, and he was excited to meet her. (My grandpa is doing better now. Thanks to everyone who asked.)

Four generations:
It was funny because Bailey was so happy with him. She usually isn't happy in her car seat for too long, but she was happy the entire time she was with him. He has a way with children.


Bailey also got to meet her Great-Grandma Miller. Here's another four generation picture. All the girls decided to go out to Applebee's for lunch.

Bailey finally got to meet her Aunt Meagan...


...and Aunt Beth.
They did a good job entertaining her, putting her to sleep, and changing her diapers. Meagan and Lauren were playing with Bailey one day when she started getting fussy. They thought maybe she just missed her dad, so they showed her this picture.
She felt much better after that.



Meagan was good at making weird faces to make Bailey smile.



When packing to go to Michigan, I was planning on cold weather. I packed a winter hat and coat for Bailey. So, of course, it ended up being in the 70s and 80s while we were there. I didn't think we would need a sun hat, so when we went for a walk, I didn't have anything to cover her head. Lauren thought of this:

We didn't let her wear it for too long because she was starting to think she was too cool for school.



Bailey was able to attend plenty of athletic events while we were there.
She got to watch her Uncle Zach win his baseball game.
Here he is pitching:

And hitting:


Proud fans:

She also got to watch her Aunt Lauren take 1st place in the hurdles:

And take 1st place in the 1600 meter relay:

And she got to watch her Grandpa Kellogg coach. Grandpa Kellogg was always the first to offer to change Bailey's diaper or take her when she was crying. He loves being a grandpa, and he's a natural at it.
Coach Kellogg:

Bailey's Great-Grandma and Grandpa Kellogg drove down to the track meet to meet Bailey. She was so excited to meet them. She even laughed for her Great-Grandma.




Chill time with Uncle Zach:


Bailey and Cloe didn't really know what to think of each other:

Bailey also got to meet Sonja. So many new people. She's excited to meet the new edition to Sonja's family in July (a baby boy).

Bailey really enjoyed her trip to Michigan--except for this traumatic night.... I had to go pick up my dad and Lauren from a track meet. It was getting late and it was a quick trip, so I decided to leave Bailey at home. This was the first time I left her with someone who wasn't her dad. I was jokingly going through all the things they needed to do and telling Bailey how much I was going to miss her and that I was sorry to leave her with them. When I got home, I found her OUTSIDE with this note:
She's going to need therapy for sure.

5 comments:

Holly and Matthew said...

CONGRATS to Lauren and Ty!!! WAY TO GO!!! I am sure Zach is involved with a bunch of stuff as well so I will also say congrats to ZACH with all that he is doing! haha! GO COACH KELLOGG AND SUPER FANS!!! :) GREAT STORY BERKS! It sounds like you had an awesome trip! How fun for Bailey to have a new lit'l cousin in October! I am so glad Beth posted on her blog!;)YAY!

I am so glad to hear that your grandpa is doing better! I loved the picture when Bailey was smiling on his lap! That must have made him so happy so see his grand-baby! :) Hope all is well and we hope you haven't had any unexpected visitors lately. haha! Love ya :) - Holly :)

jen.nie said...

How fun!! I bet your family was so glad you got to go visit. I can't believe how big your sweet Bailey is getting! She is just cute as a bug!

Jodi said...

Wow that looked like an awesome trip. Bailey got to meet so many new people! I LOVE her with the bandanna. It is the best. She has such a sweet smile :)

Dawn and Spence said...

Hahaha your family is such a riot! I was cracking up the whole time I read this. Thanks for making my day! :-)

The Farmer's said...

Aww I love these pictures. So weird that we were in Michigan!!