Monday, August 31, 2009

Myrtle Beach - Days 1 & 2

For our anniversary, we decided to take our first trip to Myrtle Beach. We didn't have the highest expectations because most people around here don't like it, but we ended up having a great time. We're excited to go again. We arrived there early enough to hit the beach before bedtime. Bailey loved walking around.


She was intrigued by all the shells.

It was an extremely windy evening. It looks like my hair is up in this picture, but it's just the wind blowing it back.


I love it when Bailey reaches out to take my hand. It's the cutest thing.


After our stroll along the beach, we were very hungry and decided to go get something to eat. After several stops at different buffets (the most common type of restaurant there), we finally found one that looked good. It ended up being the best place we ate at our whole trip. The food all tasted homemade. Bailey even liked it. We played a little tic-tac-toe while we waited for a table.


We discovered that Bailey loves corn on the cob. She ate so much of it.


Unfortunately, Bailey didn't feel like sleeping in at all the next morning, even though we had gone to bed pretty late. As soon as she woke up, the first thing out of her mouth was water ("mau" as she says it). She was so excited to go to the beach again. I opened up the curtains and our sliding door so she could look out over the water. It was quite the view, and hearing the ocean from our room was the best. (It made me incredibly nervous to have Bailey standing so close to the edge, but I was trying not to panic. I'm pretty sure I moved her right after I took this picture. I just couldn't take it anymore.)


We dragged Skigh out of bed (he wasn't too excited to be awake so early) and headed straight down to the beach. We were one of the first ones there.



Bailey loved getting her legs buried in the sand.






Our hotel had a lazy river. Skigh took her around it a few times while I ran up to our room. He said she was pretty much crying the whole time. Not a huge fan. But when I took her around, she seemed fine. Still not loving it, but at least she wasn't crying.




She preferred the baby pool.


After a nice nap, it was time to hit the beach again. It was so convenient to stay right on the beach. Only a few steps to the ocean.





Snack break while Skigh catches some waves. We took turns watching Bailey while one of us went out in the water.


Dinner time again. Another buffet.



Ready to hit the beach for the last time that day.








Skigh started digging a pit, and Bailey thought it was the coolest thing.



Bailey decided she needed some alone time, so she left to take a walk. It's so funny (and kind of scary) when she does that. She'll just take off and maybe look back a little while later to make sure we're watching her.
This picture is so funny because, somehow, they both ended up having the same expression.

The first two days were a success.

7 comments:

The Farmer's said...

FUN! Happy 3 years! These pictures are so cute!! Bailey is the cutest toddler in the world! And I love all of your bathing suits Berk. Looks like your vaca. was perfect.

The Favorite said...

That looks like such a fun trip. We'll make it down someday. She is so beautiful and I'm glad she likes buffets :)

Meagan said...

Looks like tons of fun. I love the last pic of Skigh and Bails.

Jodi said...

I actually love Myrtle Beach as well. It seems to not be as crowded. Looks like a fun trip!

Mom said...

You know I love the beach. But... pics of Michigan, already!!!

Dawny said...

Awww...Happy Anniversary, you two! What a fun way to celebrate. I've heard Myrtle Beach is great. It looks like Bailey is already a huge fan! :-)

Kate Lewis said...

Happy Anniversary! It sounds like such a fun vacation. I especially love that the hotel had a baby pool--we want to go there!