Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween 2011

Bailey wore a few different costumes this year. For story time at the library, she decided to wear a different princess dress. She wanted to be a "cat princess."



Then for preschool she decided to be a butterfly (last year's costume).




For dinner on Halloween, we decided to go with the Papa John's jack 'o lantern pizza. I think we may have to make that a new tradition. No one should have to cook on Halloween.

Time to get ready to go! As you can see, Bailey's choice for a costume this year, the golden princess dress that she had to have, has only been worn once. It's not usually cold on Halloween around here, but this year it was. So, I told Bailey she either had to wear a coat under her dress or over her dress. She was beside herself. The coat was going to completely ruin the look. She was totally against it, tears and all. So, she decided to wear her warm butterfly costume instead. She already has so many fashion preferences. I can't wait to see what she's like as a teenager. 

Ready to go.


I just love the look of little toddlers dressed in their costumes, carrying their little candy bags, walking around wide-eyed, not really having a clue as to what's going on.

We went trick-or-treating with some of our good friends and neighbors.






These two were inseparable.

Afterwards, it was time to go home and enjoy the fruits of their labor.




Our house this Halloween.


I was so excited to get mums this year.



Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Meagan said...

I started laughing out loud when you said you love toddler's faces when they walk around having no clue what's going on...LOL. So true. It makes me laugh really hard that one day, all the sudden we dress them up in ridiculous outfits and make them walk up to houses and ask for candy. LOL. Seriously, so hilarious.

Beth Farmer said...

SO glad you showed us the pics of the house. SOOOO beautiful. LOVE your big spider. Where did you get that?? I enjoyed seeing all of Bailey's costumes. Hilarious that she refused the wear her coat because it would ruin her princess outfit. Good luck with that in the future;) Chicken costume on Sawyer is hilarious. You look really cute sitting on your kitchen floor eating your children's Halloween candy.