Friday, January 28, 2011

Bailey at Three

Bailey's 3 year old stats: 34 pounds (80th%), 38.25 inches (79th%)

I think this was the first doctor's visit where Bailey didn't totally freak out. It was actually a pleasant visit.

At three years old, Bailey...

1. Knows many of her letters.

2. Can count to 20 with a few mistakes.

3. Talks about going to Primary all the time. This has been really hard for her. Her closest friends moved up to sunbeams, and since Bailey's birthday is in January, she's in nursery for a whole extra year. She's been wanting to go into Primary ever since the Primary program. She kept saying she wanted to go up and sing with the other kids. She asks me every Sunday when she gets to go to Primary. She will be so excited when that day finally arrives. It's funny because out of all the sunbeams, I don't think a single one would care too much if they were still in nursery. So, of course Bailey, the one who has to stay behind, is probably the one who cares the most. It's okay though. She's still having a great time in nursery, and the nursery leaders this year are great. I've heard from people that she takes on the mother roll. It's funny because she talks to all kids who are at least a little younger than her like they're little babies. She uses a high, sweet voice with them. It's so funny.

4. Says, "I love you," constantly and is always talking about how she loves her friends. She'll say, "I love .... He's nice. He's my friend."

5. Is extremely complimentary and polite. She'll compliment anything different that she notices about me. New hair, new shirt, new pajamas, new nail polish...absolutely nothing gets by her. She'll say, "You look so adorable!" or, "You look so beautiful!" I wish you could hear the tone of voice she uses.

6. Is grateful. She also says thank you quite a bit. I'll make dinner, and she'll say, "Thank you for making this dinner. It's so good." It always makes me laugh a little when she does it.

7. LOVES READING. Bailey has always loved reading, and she just loves it more and more all the time. We go to the library once a week and get 12 new library books. (Yes, it's always that specific number so I don't have to keep track from week to week.) As soon as we get home, she sits on the couch and looks at each book. She's found sitting on the couching looking through her books a few times a day, every day. She entertains herself quite well that way. I can't wait until she can actually read the books on her own. She'll love that.

8. Gets so excited when she gets to watch a movie. Her favorite right now is Monsters Inc. For some reason, she has a fascination with books or movies that contain monsters or scary characters.

9. Says her prayers very well.

10. Likes doing everything on her own. She hates getting help with something she thinks she can do by herself.

11. She can't wait to go to school so she can ride on a school bus. I guess she thinks those big yellow buses just look like so much fun.

12. Has a hard time coming up with names on the spot. If you ask her what her doll's or stuffed animal's name is, she'll say things like, "Poh-pah, Boh-bah, Bee-bee, Boo-bah..." It's hilarious. She just can't ever think of real names. Or maybe she's just trying to be original?

13. Loves going to the beach and is always looking forward to our next trip there.

14. Gets so excited about holidays. Christmas is her favorite. After a holiday has passed, she always asks when it's going to come again. It's always sad when I have to tell her we have to wait a whole year.

15. Loves swinging on the swing set, coloring, doing puzzles, and dancing. She also loves looking for bugs and picking them up. Her favorite thing has got to be playing dress-up. She loves wearing her princess dresses, shoes, crowns, jewelry, the whole bit.

2 comments:

Beth Farmer said...

Sounds like Bailey is the cutest three year old around!!
I love that she compliments your hair and clothes and that she can't wait to ride the school bus!

Meagan said...

That's so crazy because we were thinking of naming our next child Boo-Bah. What is it with children and school buses? I remember being so excited when I got to ride the bus.