Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer Reading

Bailey participated in the summer reading program at the library for the first time this year. She loved it. She loves reading anyway, so it was fun to get little prizes for an added bonus. Her first prize was an ice cream cone at Chick File. I love how she looks so happy and proud of herself in this picture.

I'm not quite sure what kind of a smile this is.


Sawyer got in on the goods as well.

Second prize was a kids' meal at Chick File.

Story time at the library is great during the summer. They bring in all kinds of guests. We've gotten to see laser shows and learn about electricity, see quite a few puppet shows, listen to people sing and play all kinds of different instruments, and one man from Nickelodeon even brought in all kinds of different animals. All of a sudden this summer, Sawyer has become one of the other kids. This is the first time he ran up to the wall after story time to get stamps on his hands. He looked little compared to everyone else, but he was so happy to be included.

 Coloring the map afterwards.

This particular day, Skigh had a weird work schedule, so he got to come to story time. Bailey was very excited and proud to show him all around the library.


And Bailey was ready to redeem her final prize: a gold medal, a ticket to a baseball game, and a ticket to a water park. She read a total of 85 books. Way to go, Bailey! She's already excited for the summer reading program next year. 

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Go, Bailey! Wow, 85 books? I don't know if i've read that many in my lifetime. Hmmm. That ice-cream looks really good. I want some. Oh...and does this post really read JULY?!?! Awesome. :)

The Farmer's said...

GO BAILEY!! Those first two pictures are adorable. I love Bailey's smile and Sawyer looks rather mischievous if you ask me. LOVE those two!! I can't believe she read 85 books!! Way to go!!