Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bailey Heads Out West

Bailey flew out to Colorado (we went with her) for her Uncle Seth's, and now Aunt Laura's, wedding. As you can see, it was a beautiful setting for a wedding.


We did have to fight cold weather and a few rain clouds, but it turned out to be a pretty nice day. Here's the groom helping Bailey with her sock. She tends to lose them quite often.

Here's the happy couple with their bishop and his wife and Seth's parents.


Bailey and I trying to stay warm:


Brandt did a lot of this at the wedding:


Aunt Katie and Cousin Bernadette:


Seth magically put Bailey to sleep after about one second of trying. You had to see it to believe it.


The couple's first dance; Brandt and Kreat in the background:


All bundled up, trying to stay warm:


Quinta was trying to show her brothers how to dance (emphasis on "trying"). I like how Lauren has termed Skigh's dancing as "wiggling." As you can see here, we caught Skigh mid-wiggle.

We found a nice spot in the shade to hang out and watch everyone dance and karaoke.


Bailey and Bernadette, the first two cousins on the Lewis side, finally got to meet.
I've got friends in low places. (That's the name of the song they sang, not how I feel about those in the picture.)


Bailey watched her dad from the sidelines, trying not to be embarrassed.


We tried to get Bailey to take a nap in her car seat. As you can see, we weren't very successful.


Later that weekend, we all got to hang out at the Lewis home. Bernadette was having fun with the sidewalk chalk.



The couples took each other on in a bocce ball tournament. I'm proud to say that Skigh and I took first place.


There's never a dog shortage at the Lewis home.


The newlyweds with the newest addition to their family (the puppy):


Bailey finally got to meet her Uncle Kreat and Aunt Lauren. They're going to give Bailey another cousin (a boy) in September. She can't wait.


She also got to meet her Aunt Quinta.

Bailey really enjoyed her first trip out to Colorado and can't wait to see everyone again.

2 comments:

Dawn and Spence said...

Your narration is so hilarious I love it :-) What a fun little adventure! I love Colorado so much, I'm jealous you got to go :-)

Holly and Matthew said...

You can always get a great story from the kelloggs! :) I love your personality all throughout your story.. I agree with Dawn! Congrats to the newly married couple. Looks like a great trip!! :) ADORABLE PICS BERKS. Love ya :)