The much anticipated Halloween day finally arrived. Here are the future trick-or-treaters warming up with a little dinner.
I made some witch's hat cookies for the night.
Bailey really liked them. She asks for one every day. Luckily, they're almost gone.
Bailey was very excited.

She wouldn't really say trick-or-treat when we knocked on someone's door. She would maybe kind of mumble it. She gets a little shy around people she doesn't know. She wouldn't really say thank you either. Maybe next year.

It was the funniest thing. After every house, Bailey would look inside her bag to check out her stash of candy. Also, she didn't want anything that wasn't candy in her bag. Someone gave her a popcorn ball, and she took it right out of her bag and gave it to me. And then someone gave her some Play-Doh. Again, she refused to put it in her bag. Candy only or don't bother!
We went to someone's house who had a fake person sitting on their bench outside. Bailey would not stop looking at it. As we were leaving, she kept turning around and looking. And then she would say, "Monster!" We were a few houses down the street, and she was still looking back at the dummy. And she kept talking about it for the rest of the night. She really doesn't like anything slightly scary. And I guess anything scary is called a monster. I don't know how she learned that.
It started sprinkling a little bit, so we started to head back to our friends' house. We were about 30 seconds away, and it started pouring. We made it just in time. Luckily, we had finished all our trick-or-treating before the rain came. It was also really warm. We thought Bailey might be hot in her chicken outfit, so we took it off, and the poor girl was all sweaty. It's the perfect costume for a cold Michigan Halloween, but not so much for here.













4 comments:
I love how Halloween was all business for Bailey. Candy gathering is no joke Mom. SO funny that she would take anything out "non-candy"!! I love it. She looked so cute and it looks like you guys have a great Halloween. Wish we were there.
These Halloween posts are so adorable. It sounds like she had a BLAST and is quite the proper young lady. haha ;) So fun that you were able to go in a group. It makes the memories that much more enjoyable. :)
By the way, it doesn't not shock me that you made some adorable yummy treats as well. That is something your mom would totally do...TALENT I tell you. :) I mean that in the most sincere way. :) Your mom is so good at throwing together a great party/family gathering with tons of yummy goodness!! :) oh the Michigan memories. :) Gotta love 'em. :)
wow, I meant to say... it doesn't shock me. Instead I doubled it by saying 'doesn't not'. haha :) oops!
Post a Comment