Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Around the House

Bailey finds some pretty interesting ways to entertain herself around here. Most of them have to do with dressing up somehow. She especially loves hats and shoes. (Some of these pictures are several months old.)

We keep her infant car seat in her closet, and she's constantly wanting me to pull it out for her so she can sit in it. It takes her back to a simpler time. She'll sit in there for the longest time reading books or talking on her phone.
She's also taken to sitting in her old bathtub. She'll carry this thing around from room to room, depending on where I am. Maybe she's trying to tell us she'd like us to invest in a chair for her.

This was one Sunday on the way home from church. Anytime I have any jewelry on, she feels that she has to have jewelry on as well. So, she has a pearl necklace on, sunglasses on, chapstick (another favorite), and a cracker. She used to hate wearing her sunglasses and would never leave them on, but now she loves them and insists on wearing them if there's even the slightest bit of sunlight. She always complains, "It's too bright!"

She loves reading. Here she is reading to her doll. Whenever she makes up her own stories, she always begins, "One day...." And her stories are almost always about Cookie Monster and Elmo.



She wanted to be wrapped up in a blanket like her doll. Her doll is in there, too.

One morning, we woke up and our house was freezing. Bailey loved being wrapped up in the blanket.

She prefers to wear this hat backwards.

She loves trying on my shoes.

She also wanted to try on one of my earrings. She did this herself.

All ready to go to a "meeting."

She even has the car keys.
Such a great sense of style at such a young age.


This is a boy's hat that Skigh bought, and she used to wear it EVERYDAY.

This has got to be the funniest of all. She has a Mr. Potato Head, and she always puts his glasses and mustache on. This is something she came up with completely on her own. It's been months now, and she still walks around the house like this quite a bit. She even keeps her teeth clenched when she speaks so the mustache won't fall off. It's the funniest thing.






I had to take a picture of this outfit. When Skigh gets to pick out Bailey's clothes, he comes up with the most random outfits. I usually think he's just joking, but every single time, he's been completely serious. He'll pair the strangest patterns, but if they have at least one color in common, he thinks they match. I kindly suggested that he stick to the outfits as we bought them and not try to mix-and-match. I don't think this picture does the outfit justice.


Bailey enjoys putting things in her "pocket." She doesn't hardly ever have pockets, so that means she just sticks things down her pants...usually chapstick and keys. This particular morning, she wanted to stick every single part of her Mr. Potato Head in her pocket. It was so funny.



This is a girl who isn't afraid of curves.


Skigh bought a Snuggie for me on a whim for Christmas. (That's what happens when you wait until the last minute, and all the stores are closed. I know there are many Snuggie fans out there, but I don't happen to be one of them.) Bailey absolutely loved carrying this thing around though. I think it made her feel like she was carrying around her own personal suitcase (she always insists on helping pull the luggage whenever we go anywhere).

Bailey has also figured out how to take a picture with our camera. Here's some of her most recent work.

Life with a toddler is very entertaining. You just never know what they'll come up with next.

4 comments:

The Favorite said...

Love the pictures, she really does have a great sense of style and that mustache made me laugh!
She is such a beautiful little girl- so fun!

Meagan said...

I'm still laughing out loud from the picture where everything is stuck down her pants. Oh, that is so hilarious. I love the dress up pictures, she has a great sense of fashion. It's hilarious how she wants to sit in her baby carseat and her tub. So cute that she likes to read to her baby. I miss that girl. What a great source of entertainment for you and Skigh. :) She's going to be such a great big sis!

Mom said...

I'm with Meg on the "girl who's not afraid of curves." When I scrolled down to see 8,000 items stuck between her skin and pants I was rolling on the floor.

Kate Lewis said...

I was seriously laughing out loud when I read this post. She is so funny! I loved the picture of her with everything stuck down her pants, and thinking about her talking while holding a Mr. Potato Head mustache between her teeth still makes me laugh. I also loved the pictures of her all dressed up and ready to go to a meeting.