Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bailey's First Trip to the Doctor

Yesterday was Bailey's first trip to the doctor. She passed with flying colors. They like newborns to be back to their birth weight by 2 weeks, and she's already 8 pounds, 2 ounces--only 3 ounces to go! I couldn't believe how much effort it took just to go to one ten minute doctor's appointment. It took forever for me to get ready and then getting her ready...feeding her in between...everything just took forever. Once we got home, I said I'm never leaving again.




Here we are all ready to leave the doctor's.


I love it when she looks up at me. She's so sweet.






Here's Bailey's first bag of dirty diapers. Good job!


Aren't these the cutest feet you've ever seen?

9 comments:

The Farmer's said...

Yay Bailey! I love these pictures!!

The Farmer's said...

Way to go on the video. I can't wait to go show Eric. I can't beleive how perfect she is!! So adorable.

Anonymous said...

FINALLY something new! I look every ten minutes! :) Love the video! I love you guys!!

Holly said...

I hear you with never wanting to leave the house. Jillian had jaundice so we had to go to the doctor 4 times in her first week of life! Talk about crazy. And grocery shopping just hasn't been the same. But I wouldn't trade it for anything:) Good luck on your next outing!

Felix & Sybil said...

Hey! Congrats guys! She is beautiful...and she has hair...wow! I keep holding back on calling you until things settle down a little (and I need to forward your tax doc to you). I hear you about never wanting to leave the house. It seemed like it was a minimum of a couple hours, to a day late getting anywhere or getting anything done. Things have gotten a little less overwhelming though. :) I'm so happy you guys are doing well. Bailey is the cutest name and she is a doll!
Love, Sybil

The Favorite said...

Those are such beautiful pictures. She has the sweetest face and you can tell she's happy and loves to look at you. It does take effort to go places, but it gets easier. Good growing Bailey, keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Just wait until your first trip ALONE with her to any destination. I remember calling my mom, almost crying, "Mom! I just took Lennon to Costco AND the grocery store!" I was so proud of us both. It DOES get easier so relax and enjoy all these hours of the baby sleeping.

Anne said...

Ahhh, she's SO cute. I hope my labor's only 20 minutes. :)
Congratulations!!!

Dawn and Spence said...

Yes, I must admit, I am constantly checking for new photos as well. :-) I love her! She is so cute!!! I can't wait for her to start showing her personality. Way to go girl, looks like she is loving life!