Thursday, January 31, 2008

One Week Old

Yesterday, Bailey turned one week old. It's crazy that it's already been a week since she was born.



She started the day by giving me a little surprise. One of Bailey's favorite things to do is wait until we change her diaper and get her clothes back on, and then she goes again. And then we change her again, and she does it again. She has done this several times. You would think we would have learned by now, but she's good at disguising the fact that she's not done going yet. And she always has the most innocent look on her face when she does it. You just have to laugh. Yesterday, she outdid herself. I was just about done changing her--just one more wipe-and poop shot out of her like you wouldn't believe. I couldn't believe it. I just sat there in shock. You have to admit, she has a pretty impressive range for such a little girl.


Thank goodness for Grandma!

Bath time! She handled this bath much better than her last one.



The blanket, bear, and pajamas are from Bailey's aunts (Meagan & Beth) and uncles (John and Eric). Thank you!

She didn't really like the bear at first.

But then they became friends.


BREAKING NEWS:
Yesterday, Bailey slept in her bassinet for an hour and a half!!! She sleeps for the majority of the day and night, but only when she's in someone's arms. Whenever I would try to put her in her bassinet, she would stay asleep for about 15 minutes and then wake up crying. It made for some long nights, only getting a few hours sleep. I would only get some sleep if someone else took her and held her. During the day yesterday, I kept putting her in her bassinet when she would fall asleep, hoping she would eventually stay asleep, and she finally did! I couldn't believe it. And she's done it a few times since. This morning she slept for two hours! I feel some hope that I'll be able to sleep again one day.

P.S. Last night, I slept on my stomach, and this morning I painted my toenails...two things I haven't done in a very long time.

6 comments:

The Farmer's said...

GO BAILEY!!! That a girl... good job on pooping on your mommy!! There are some things I guess Aunt Meagan and I don't have to teach you:)

The Farmer's said...

The PJ's we got for her look so cute on her!! She needs to be a baby model!!

The Farmer's said...

Ok... I promise I will stop commenting but I had to tell you Berkley the picture where you're holding Bailey in her towel, you're just glowing!! I think being a mother agrees with you. You look beautiful.

The Favorite said...

"Oh yuck" That's what Jane said when she saw those poops. (Woolite makes this really good Oxy clean carpet stuff.) She is still so cute and good job sleeping for so long. We really like all the yellow and green clothes that she has, but really want to send her some pink and purple. We love seeing pictures and video!

The Favorite said...

O.K. another comment...
Jane has a book called "Grossology" and she thinks the picture of the poops should be in it.

Jodi said...

It looks like you guys are doing well in your first week as parents. The shooting poop happens to the best of us. Callie's shot all over her door when she was five days old! I learned to change a diaper with lightning quick speed!