Beth and Eric came over to say goodbye before we left. As you can see, Beth was pretty broken up about us leaving.
We cleaned the apartment the next day and were officially moved out. Skigh always enjoys cleaning--especially the bathroom. You can tell he's having a great time.
Saying goodbye to my boss, Cliff.
A final goodbye to Skigh's lab.
On the road.... The first day of our trip was the most beautiful. We drove through Colorado and got to enjoy the Rocky Mountains one last time. We saw quite a few ski slopes on the way.
It took us about 30 hours to get to Greenville. It was kind of fun to drive through so many major cities on the way. We went through Denver, Kansas City, St. Louis, Nashville, and Knoxville. Last Saturday night, we finally made it to Greenville! Our first couple of days in Greenville were beautiful: sunny and 70s. We ate lunch at Falls Park with a couple we know. It was so beautiful.
On Wednesday, all of our belongings finally arrived. I couldn't believe how huge the semi was. No, it is not carrying only our stuff.
We've spent the past few days cleaning and unpacking. It is taking FOREVER! Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with how much I need to do, I just sit on my bed, doing nothing but thinking about how much I have to do, getting more stressed out every minute. It's a healthy way to handle stress. We're getting close to being done. We have cable and Internet hooked up, so we're connected to the world again. We purchased our very first washer and dryer and have those set up. And we also bought a sofa, loveseat, and kitchen table! We moved from a furnished to an unfurnished apartment, so we need pretty much everything. The furniture should arrive next Saturday. Once it does, the baby is finally free to come. Let's just get completely unpacked and settled into the apartment, and then I can think about a baby.
6 comments:
I'm just going to say it -- your background makes it REeeeeeeally hard to read your posts. I'm just saying. Moving forward, I've been dying to hear from you. No posts, no posts, is there a baby, what happened...ahhhhhh, they made it, no baby, just unpacking. So glad. I salute you for even sitting in a car at this point...I avoided them at all costs those last weeks. Be glad you have stuff to do. Time will fly and that's better than sitting around waiting. I can't wait to hear!!! No stress -- IT WILL ALL GET DONE! :)
You're two weeks before your due date are a lot crazier than mine were. I went on maternity leave and then my little bugaboo wasn't born for 2 more weeks. I was so bored! Better to have something to do instead of just wating around, although you might have too much to do! Enjoy your sleep now!!! Good luck with everything:)
Uh, I can't type that is supposed to say, "Your two weeks..." Sorry!
So happy that you made it! Those were great pictures, and sad that you aren't there any more, but WELCOME TO THE EAST! We're glad the trip went well and now, just a few days/weeks until baby!
I am so glad you guys made it with that baby still in your belly! Good luck in the next week or so trying to get everything in order and with the baby! I will be watching for the news!
SO SAD:( All thoughs in favor of having Berkley and Skigh move back say "I"!
Post a Comment