Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's a girl!!!

Bailey Marie Lewis was born on January 23, 2008 at 8:26 A.M. She weighed 8 pounds, 5 ounces, and was 19.5 inches long. She's perfect!


This is my last picture while pregnant. I woke up at 5:00 in the morning on the 22nd and was having relatively regular contractions for the first time. I had them all day long, but they weren't consistent or intense enough until about 8:00 that night. We got to the hospital around 10:00 P.M.





This is the room where Bailey was born:


This picture was taken right before Bailey arrived. Everything went so smoothly. We were very blessed.





And here she is! She did such a good job. I only had to push for 20 minutes!






Here she is being weighed for the first time:


First picture with Dad:


Our first family photo:


Bailey's first bath:


Bailey and Mom:





Bailey and Grandma Kellogg:





Dad's good at changing diapers:


She kept grabbing my finger while she was eating. So sweet!





Her first night's sleep:


Skigh surprised me with flowers. Very sweet.




9 comments:

The Favorite said...

YEA YEA YEA!!!!!
We are so glad that SHE is here and she is so beautiful! So happy for all of you and that everything went so smoothly, good girl Bailey ,and great job Berkley!
She's a prefect size too (Jane was that big.)
Congrats, hope you get some rest!

Holly said...

Congratulations! Welcome to Motherhood, it's rough work, but so totally worth it. Take it from someone who has a two and a half week headstart! Bailey is so cute! I can't believe you only pushed for 20 minutes...I did two hours. Good for you!!!

jen.nie said...

Yay Berkley! She is Beautiful!!! She looks just like you! I love her name, Bailey, so cute! I'm so happy for you and Skigh...you guys will be the best parents. Glad to hear everything went well. Hopefully i'll get to meet her in a few months. :) Miss you and Congrats!!!

The Farmer's said...

Oh my goodness we have the cutest niece in the WHOLE WORLD!!! Congrats Skigh and Berkley you guys are awesome! We love you Bailey!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE HER!!! CONGRATS! Miss you.

Dawn and Spence said...

Yay Berkley and Skigh! I am so happy for your beautiful new family! And Berkley wow you look AMAZING!!! I hope I can look that gorgeous after having a baby! Congrats, Bailey Marie is so beautiful! (I love her name by the way!)

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! BERKSTER AND SKIGH ARE PARENTS....and Phil and Kris are Grandparents for the 1st time! YAHOO! Matt and I are so completely happy for all of you Kellogg/Lewis family!!! :) She is so adorable and such a trooper! :) Berkser, you look amazing and I can't believe you only pushed for 20 minutes! Are you sure you haven't had a baby before? You are already a pro my dear! :) What a blessing to have a beautiful, healhty bundle of heaven sent to you! WE LOVE YOU! :)

Jill Pagels said...

Congratulations Berkley! She is adorable, and what a cute name!

Anonymous said...

So I was right the FIRST time...congratulations! I can't wait to hear all about it -- I just remember the relief we felt when everything was okay and the baby was safely here. I'm sure you're feeling the same way. I am so glad the delivery was smooth and that you were only pushing 20 minutes. Fantastic! Keep posting pictures; I love seeing newborns with their mamas!