We were so excited to have my family come visit during their spring break. My dad and Lauren got to meet Sawyer for the first time. It's always great to have family in town because you kind of get to be a kid again. You have parents treating you to dinner, taking you out shopping, watching your kids so you can catch a little extra sleep, surprising you with milk shakes, giving you backrubs, helping with yard work... it's great. My mom was giving me a backrub and Bailey somehow ended up between us. She was supposed to be giving me a backrub as well, be she was mostly standing very still, enjoying her own massage.
Bailey was desperately trying to get Lauren's attention.
Sawyer was sleeping peacefully as we were watching General Conference.
Grandpa-time.

Both of my parents are great with kids and can't get enough of them. They love being grandparents and hate living so far away. We hate it, too.

We went on a walk to the park. It was our first walk since Sawyer was born. Sawyer was in the stroller, but Bailey really wanted to ride in the stroller, too. So, we talked her into riding her bike instead.
More like being pushed in her bike since she hasn't quite figured out how to ride it yet.
Sawyer handled the walk pretty well. I almost went back home with him because he wouldn't stop crying, but a minute after I started walking back, he fell asleep, so I caught up with my dad and Bailey.
He still didn't stay happy the whole time though.
Taking a water break at the park. It was a pretty hot day.
Asleep...ahhh.
On the way back home, Bailey wanted to push her bike. I thought she would get tired after a while, but she pushed it the entire way. Pretty impressive.
Grandma caught up with us on the way home.
He loves you.
My parents and Lauren took Bailey to Musical Jamboree at the library while Skigh and I took Sawyer to his one month checkup. Then we all went downtown for the day. We had lunch at Trios. So good.
Then we went to Falls Park.



Sawyer was ready for a break...

...so we went to get ice cream.



Bailey didn't get a nap that day, and she was exhausted. She ended up falling asleep with Grandma.




Back home. My dad was amazing during this trip and helped us SO much with our backyard. It needed a lot of attention. He went above and beyond helping us spray weeds, dig up weeds, and spread mulch. We owe him a tremendous THANK YOU. Our backyard looks amazing now.
Sadly, the week came to an end, but not without a visit from the ice cream truck.


































3 comments:
Looks like having the Fam there was amazing. I hardly recognized L in these pictures lol. She looks so different. You guys do such fun things when they are there.
Oh, how I wish we could have been there! Looks like you guys had so much fun. I love all the pictures. Miss you guys.
Post a Comment