For Sawyer's one month checkup, he weighed 10 pounds, 13 ounces (74th%), was 21.5 inches (45th%), and his head was 14.25 inches (12th%). I was so surprised at his weight. This guy doesn't eat very often (compared to Bailey) or for very long (it takes a lot of effort on my part to just get him to eat for ten minutes, which he usually doesn't do anyway), so I couldn't believe that he had gained almost two pounds in two weeks. He's definitely an efficient eater. They also obviously didn't get his length right at his two week checkup, because they got the exact same length this time. I'm glad he's gaining so well and will probably stop worrying about him not eating as much as I feel he should.
What a cutie.
He's still sleeping pretty well. He sleeps about 2-3 hours at a time. Not as nice as his 3-4 hour stretches during his first few weeks, but we'll take it. He still sleeps fine in his bassinet (the greatest thing ever). He still goes to bed around 11:30 or 12:00 each night, so it'll be nice when he starts going to bed a little earlier. He's started to smile a little bit. I love it. He also holds his head up really well. He's been able to hold it up a little since he was born. There's also a feisty side to his personality. He can really get mad out of nowhere when he feels like it. He also has a terrible could-pass-out-at-any-moment cry that he uses when we're in the car. We've had to pull over a couple of times to calm him down. He also has a fussy time in the evenings. He wakes up around 6:00 in the evening, and then he's pretty much up (except for a few catnaps here and there) for the rest of the night. And some nights he can be pretty fussy and nothing you do will calm him down. Luckily, those are becoming more and more rare. Usually, he's pretty happy. Most of the time he'll be content in his seat while I try to eat some breakfast or lunch or take a shower- all those normal things that seem so hard to do after you have a baby.
We love having this guy around.




4 comments:
Oh, he is so dang cute! I love his little outfit.
These pictures are SO, SO, SO CUTE!! I LOVE his little outfit. That kid is so adorable! I totally remember Lincoln freaking out in the car too. I remember thinking aren't babies supposed to love driving in the car?! Well, Sawyer is just perfect and looks like the perfect addition to the fam:)
I left this cute comment and it didn't post. He's a total pumpkin!!!
What a sweetheart Berkley. :) The whole length measurement situation... YA, that happened with Isaac as well for one of his visits. haha :) How can we document that one right? :)
It looks like he is thriving and a good lit'l eater. :) I remember it would be stressful when Isaac was so small... you would always hope they are eating enough (especially when they fall asleep shortly after they eat). He is looking older already and he's only a month old!!! WOW! What a lit'l cutie!
I hope you both get more sleep soon. Isn't it great when you crave sleep more than food (sarcastically speaking)? Of course it's all totally worth it. :) :) Love you :)
Post a Comment