Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Utah: Pool, Fountains, & Temple Square

The end of our stay came much faster than we would have liked. Luckily, we were able to see Quinta a few times, and Seth and Laura (and Rockwell) also were able to come and spend some time with us. It was great to see everyone. 



We decided to pay a visit to a nearby community pool. It was definitely the nicest community pool I've ever been to complete with water slides, a lazy river, even a surfing simulator.




We also couldn't resist a meal at Tucanos. It was even better than I remembered.



Bailey at quail eggs and loved them. What a cultured three year old.

It was Meagan's birthday, so they sang to her. As you can see, she really got into it. 


After Tucanos, we let  the kids play around in the fountains while we did a little shopping. It was such a fun, laid-back evening.







This guy was playing music while we were there. If you look closely, you can see Sawyer sharing the stage with him.

We had a surprise birthday celebration for Meagan when we got home.

We had to take some pictures of the grandkids before we all headed our separate ways.


Love these kids. Every single one.

Our last outing before heading back home was to the Salt Lake Temple. It was great to be there again.

I love this picture. It was supposed to be a grandpa/grandchildren picture, but they were absolutely not going to stand still.

And once Sawyer's put down, he's off as well.



I had to take this picture of the morning after we got back home. I found Bailey sitting on my bed like this. So funny.

It was hard to come back home and get back to normal life. We really had an amazing time in Utah, and it's always so hard to leave family. Why do we live so far apart again?

2 comments:

Beth Farmer said...

Rodizios was probably better than you remember because it was Tucanos:) SO much fun having everyone here. I say we do this every summer. That picture of Bailey on your bed has got to be the FUNNIEST picture! I died laughing. What a character.

Meagan said...

First off, that last picture had me laughing out loud. Hilarious. I love it more than I can even put in words. This post made me want to cry...I want to go back to that time! Or, just all get together again. That could work too. So much fun. The temple pictures are beautiful. What an awesome trip that was!