Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bailey Learns an Important Lesson

So, the other day, I was feeding Bailey. In between bites, she started sucking on her arm. Then she suddenly looked up at me with a surprised and painful expression on her face and burst out crying. Hard. I had no idea what had happened. I looked at her arm and there were two teeth marks. They were deep and red. Yeah, she bit herself. Not just a little nibble either. She chomped down hard. I felt so bad. I didn't understand why she didn't stop herself once she started feeling pain, but I think she did it so fast, she didn't even realize what had happened until it was too late. At the end of the day, the marks were still there. Poor baby.


You can kind of see the marks here....

Her tears didn't last for long though. She's tough.
Bailey's also really good at impressions. I keep telling her to stop doing this one...a man smoking a cigar. At least she's ladylike about it with the raised pinky and all.

3 comments:

Holly and Matthew said...

Poor Bailey. I hope this is the last bite for her.:) I know little children watch others very closely... but I can't imagine you or Skigh giving that example to her. haha! I think you should be a writer Berks. :) CUTE ENTRY.... :)

The Farmer's said...

I see you've let Bailey start up smoking. That's just sick... SICK I TELL YOU.

Anonymous said...

I can handle the biting... I just hope she doesn't follow in her mother's footsteps and give herself a haircut.