Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Eight Months

Yesterday, Bailey turned eight months old. This is the first month that I couldn't get a good picture of Bailey smiling. She just didn't want to sit still, and she didn't feel like smiling. This is the look I usually got:



This is the best smiling picture I got, so of course, it turned out blurry.


At eight months old, Bailey is moving around a lot, but still prefers to roll and occasionally scoot, rather than crawl. She won't bother scooting unless she wants something that's pretty close to her already. If you move it farther away, she won't bother. She'll roll all around the room and go from on her stomach to sitting up pretty quickly.

This is one of her most popular moves:


She uses her face as a cushion when she's moving from sitting onto her stomach. She also pushes off her face to get onto her knees or in the downward dog position. Sometimes she just likes to lie on the ground with her face in the carpet and just hang out there for several seconds.

Lately, I've been spending time with other moms who have babies who are crawling or walking already. It is SO much more work. I'm in no hurry to have her start crawling. Someone was over yesterday with 18 month old twins. They were constantly moving and into everything. We couldn't even sit for more than a few seconds without having to go get one of them. Life is very easy right now. I'm trying to enjoy it while I can.


Bailey LOVES to eat. She'll eat just about anything. The only things I have trouble getting her to eat now are rice and oatmeal. When she first started solids, she loved them. But now that she's tasted food that actually has a taste, she won't accept the blandness of cereal. I tried to feed her oatmeal today, and she wouldn't open her mouth after the second bite. I mixed it with sweet potatoes, and then she ate the rest.

She loves her teething ring. I hope it's just filled with water because she's already busted one. I had to go buy a replacement.


A TYPICAL DAY: (I know most of you don't care about our typical day, but I use this as a journal/scrapbook, so it's mostly for me.)

6:30-7:00 A.M. Bailey wakes up. Skigh gets her and spends time with her until he needs to go to work (and I get to sleep a little longer). He usually wakes me up around 7:30.

7:30-9:00 A.M. I feed Bailey, then I eat breakfast. We play for a while.

9:00-10:15 A.M. Bailey takes her first nap. I usually work out.

10:15 A.M.-1:00 P.M. Bailey plays in the bathroom while I shower and get ready for the day. I feed her baby food, then I eat lunch. We play some more.

1:00-2:15 P.M. Bailey takes her second nap. If I'm tired (which is still often), I try to sleep, too. If not, I'm cleaning or on the computer.

2:15-5:30 P.M. After Bailey's nap, we often go for a walk or hang out in our backyard. She gets a bath about every other day, and we usually do it during this time. This is usually the slowest part of the day. We don't have a second car, so we try to entertain ourselves until Skigh comes home. I try to get things done if Bailey is happily entertaining herself. That doesn't usually last too long though. And she doesn't like it when I leave the room for too long.

5:30-6:30 P.M. Skigh comes home. We all hang out, or he takes Bailey for some one-on-one time. Bailey eats her second meal of baby food.

6:30 P.M. We get Bailey ready for bed (change her diaper and put her in her pajamas).

6:30-7:00 P.M. Bailey is asleep.

Bailey still wakes up twice during the night to eat. She used to wake up around midnight and four to eat. The past few days she's been sleeping until two or three and then wakes up again around five or six.

And that is our life right now. It doesn't sound very exciting, but hanging out with Bailey is more fun than you realize.


4 comments:

Holly said...

Sometimes people will ask me what I do all day and I can't come up with an answer. Because really, all I do it seems is feed Jillian and play with Jillian. Or try to keep her out of things while I'm doing something else (showering, making dinner, etc...and let me tell you, that gets much harder once she started crawling. Enjoy the not so mobile part for as long as you can!!!). Bailey is such a cutie!

The Farmer's said...

The first and last pic's are my favorite! I'm excited to see all of the posts when you make the scrapbook. Your daily schedule sounds like fun! It beats my schedule which is:
1. go to work
2. fall asleep at desk
3. wake up at desk
4. eat
5. fall asleep in file room
6. wake up in file room
7. eat

That's pretty much it. I have a very stressful job. LOVE YOU GUYS!

MediocreMama said...

Lennon wouldn't eat oatmeal or rice cereal unless it was the kind WITH bananas. I found those at the store and he'd eat it all every time.

Anonymous said...

Bailey,
Don't let Mommy or Daddy feed you anything lacking chocolate. I'll take care of you when you come to Grandma's; don't worry.