Thursday, July 23, 2009

First Ponytail

The other day, I realized that Bailey's hair is long enough to put up in a ponytail or pigtails. I tried pigtails, but it was way too difficult for her to keep her head still. So, ponytail it was. She looked so cute and grown up. I now put a ponytail in her hair once in a while, but she usually takes it out, so I don't bother very often. Especially if we are going anywhere, it never survives the car ride because I don't think she likes feeling a bump on the back of her head when she's sitting in her car seat. If I quickly distract her with something once I get her hair done, sometimes it will survive. And Skigh knows never to say, "I like your hair," because once she hears "hair," her hand is to her head, and when she realizes something's there, she wastes no time in ripping it out.

Isn't it amazing how little kids can squat like this with their feet flat on the floor?


She's not actually crying in this picture. We were talking about how the monkey in her book was sad and crying, and she decided to imitate him.

1 comment:

Mom said...

It's about time!!!!!
The ponytail is precious. She is truly such a sweetheart. The innocence that comes from her is precious. She exudes curiosity and cleverness. Soooo sweet.
I can't wait until she cuts her bangs up to the hairline... please, tell her that story soon, will you?