Friday, March 19, 2010

One Week

It's amazing that Sawyer is already a week old. His first week has gone so well. We got very little sleep at the hospital (especially me, Skigh can fall asleep so much easier), but once we got home, Sawyer became a GREAT sleeper. He would sleep for about 2-4 hours at a time. He even had a five hour stretch during the day once. One amazing thing about his sleeping: he actually sleeps in his bassinet! It is so nice. Bailey would never sleep in hers, and it was so hard. I would literally end up holding her the entire day. Nights were so hard, and we had to resort to having her sleep with us because that was the only way any of us could get any sleep. It's SO nice that he'll sleep in his bassinet. It makes it so much easier for me to get some sleep at night. He's had a few nights where he only wakes up twice. And he sleeps all day long. He wakes up long enough to eat, then he's asleep again. He's only up for a little bit during the evening. I had NO IDEA a baby could be so easy! I had no idea some babies just sleep all the time. It has made the transition to two children much easier than expected. I just hope his good sleeping habits don't change!





I was trying to get a good shot of him, but he wasn't making it very easy squirming around so much.

2 comments:

Beth Farmer said...

CUTE!!! I would def. say he is still looking all Kellogg!! He's growing so much. He is such a hunk. I LOVE HIM!!

Meagan said...

I love that first pic of him on your chest. So sweet. I'm so glad your transition to two children has been going so well. What great kids you have. :)