One time I was feeding Sawyer, and Bailey decided to feed her baby as well.

We were reading a book, and a girl had a braid in her hair. Bailey decided she also wanted a braid. First one.

We still have to strip her down during her meals. It's quite amazing to me what a mess she can make. This picture doesn't do it justice. She has peanut butter smeared all over her.
Funny things she's said recently:
While my mom was here, they were playing with Lego's. Then Bailey started to play with her kitchen set and food. My mom said, "I don't have any food." Bailey looked at her, thought a moment, and said, "You have Lego's."
There were a few nights in a row when Bailey insisted on wearing her sunglasses while we were getting her ready for bed. It was pretty funny. One night I asked her if she wanted to say the prayer. She said, "No. I have my glasses on."
She's also developed a great interest in picking out her own clothes. It makes for some pretty interesting outfits. One morning I said, "What sweater do you want to wear?" Exasperated, she said, "I want to think about it!"
While we're getting ready for bed, she likes to rock in the rocking chair. Sometimes we sing "Rock-a-Bye Baby." One night she was sitting in the rocking chair, and I asked her if she was ready to go to bed. She said, "No, I'm rocking a bye." She "rocks-a-bye" quite often.
While I was feeding Sawyer, she poked my stomach and said, "It's coming out." Lovely.
Bailey also used to put Vaseline on her face all the time (luckily, I've broken her of this habit). We would put it around her nose when she had her cold because her skin would get so chapped from wiping it all the time. She loves putting Vaseline on and calls it lotion. After she puts it on before she goes to bed, she won't give anyone a kiss. If you ask her for one, she'll say, "No, I have lotion on." She's determined not to mess it up.
She also uses the word "actually" quite often. Anytime she changes her mind about something, she'll use it. "I want to read that book. ...Actually, I want to read this one." "I want to wear the pink shirt. No, actually, I want to wear the green one." It's so funny to hear her use such a big word and use it correctly.
We were eating a meal someone had brought us. She said she didn't want anymore. When I asked her why, she said, "My mouth doesn't like it."
She was making "soup" with her milk during lunch. She said, "I'm making soup. I'm exhausted." (Pronounced "ezzausted.") I guess I've been using that word a lot lately.
She found a circular piece of foam that came with a pair of new shoes. The foam was split in half. Bailey found it and put it on her chin. I said, "What's that?" She said, "A beard." I totally started cracking up. She continued, "Like Santa Claus. A beard." Creative girl.
I wiped her nose with a Kleenex. Then she pointed to it and said, "My runny nose is in there."
This morning after Bailey woke up, she came to me and said, "I missed you, Mommy!"






3 comments:
Adorable pictures.. hilarious stories!! I think my favorite was "My mouth doesn't like it." SO CUTE!!!
Oh, Bailey. You are so precious. I loved this post. The quotes were so fun to read. How entertaining it must be to have her around all the time.
I've looked at this one several times, too. I miss her so much.
Love the braid; love the boots; love the "smarts."
Post a Comment