The other day, Bailey and I surprisingly found a frog on our patio outside. (Since this time, I've actually found quite a few frogs around our house. Kind of strange, but I'll take them over giant spiders any day.) Bailey was pretty amazed. She kept asking if she could touch it, and I kept saying yes, but she never did strike up enough nerve. Her finger would come about an inch from it, and she would quickly yank it back. The frog would not move an inch. We finally just had to go inside and leave it there. Now Bailey often thinks she sees the same frog in the same spot underneath our couch and is often pointing it out to me. I always try to act amused even though I can see that there's nothing there.
It's funny because anytime we see any kind of bug, she'll ask me if she can touch it. I always say yes (while inside I'm totally grossed out and hoping she doesn't), and she never does. Maybe one day she'll overcome her fear. Or just end up like me.
3 comments:
I love all the dress-up clothes I see throughout your pictures of Bailey. Aren't girls fun!
Love the backwards hat. That's got to be my favorite fashion choice of hers. And I think she'll end up just like you...crying as she tries to trap a bug in a container and then piling 20 books on top of it to make sure it can't get out.
She needs a pet. I'm glad all my screaming at home while I was emptying the ant infested trash didn't scar her for life.
Post a Comment