Saturday, June 26, 2010

MI: Heading Home

After two weeks, the time came when it was time to head home. My dad drove us halfway where Skigh met us and took us home. We stayed the night in a hotel where Bailey got in some long-awaited swimming time.


Thank you, Dad, for making this trip possible!

Bailey got her first ring pop on the way home. She was a fan. Jewelry + candy...what could be better?

Some of the funniest lines from the trip:

During this trip, Bailey was quite interested in her relationship to everyone. She would say, "Lincoln is my cousin. Zach is my uncle...." Once she said, "Lauren is my bug." I was like, "Okay...." Then I realized where she got that from. Aunt--bug. So funny.

Tyler: "Lincoln makes no sense." (He has high expectations for a 20 month old.)

Me: "Do you want to read a book?"
Bailey: "No. I want to knock them over." (Not in the greatest mood.)

We were getting the kids ready for bed, and there was a lot of screaming going on. Mom said, "It's like the house of horror around here." And it really was.

Kaylee was in her high chair, and I noticed she was finished eating. I asked her if she wanted to get out. She just stared at me with a blank face. Then waved and said, "Hi," without cracking a smile. It was hilarious.

Kaylee also grabbed a diaper out of my diaper bag and sat on it. I told Meagan I think she's trying to tell her something. And then we noticed that her diaper was about to explode, it was so full. It's a good thing Kay's on top of things. Her mom needs a little help now and then.
Goals now that we're home:
1. Sawyer-sleep training
2. Bailey- potty training
3. Berkley- P90X round 2

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Whoohoo! A new post. LOVE the pictures of Bails swimming with Dad. And the blue circle around her mouth is so funny. I loved reading the funny quotes from the trip, made me laugh out loud.

Beth Farmer said...

HA! LOVE the picture of Bailey with her ring pop! So funny! Your quotes from vaca were hysterical.