There are a few of us who get together about once a week and have a playdate for our kids (but mostly for us). This particular day we decided to go to the zoo, mostly because it still wasn't quite summer yet. Once it's summer here, no one wants to be walking around in the heat and humidity looking at overheated animals and chasing overheated kids while you, yourself, are overheated.
William, Bailey, and Lily.
Bailey wasn't quite sure if this bear was real or not. She obviously figured it wasn't, or she wouldn't have gotten this close, but she still wasn't 100% sure. She very carefully walked up to it.
They have a nice spot by the playground with rocking chairs and benches. The best spot in the place.

Despite it being non-summer, it was still incredibly hot. Bailey always loves a water mister. She'll go straight for it with little hesitation.

Surprisingly, the reptiles ended up being what Bailey was most interested in. I literally had to pick her up and take her to a new animal because she would have sat and stared at these snakes all day.

She wouldn't smile for the camera but smiled at her own reflection once she noticed it in the glass.
We have a pretty small zoo. You can get through it in about an hour, which is perfect when you have little kids. This was my first public outing with both Bailey and Sawyer (besides the park). It went pretty smoothly until the very end when we had to walk passed the fun playgrounds to get to our car, and I had a crying baby and a crying toddler who I could not let go of because she was using all her body weight to try to get out of my grasp and run straight for the swings. It was great having two crying kids while my friends' kids were all totally calm just walking to their cars. And I won't even mention the fact that I was the parent who showed up to the zoo extra early in the morning so Bailey could play on the playground before we saw the animals because I knew there wouldn't be time afterwards. Apparently that wasn't enough.





















4 comments:
Fun time at the zoo! I love the pic of Bailey checking out the bear. Sorry you had to walk out with two crying children. Just wait until Sawyer can walk and they're both crying and pulling you in opposite directions. That will be fun.
Such fun! Love the bear moments.
When Larry was born, Lennon was always the screaming toddler anytime we left the park/pool/whatever. I started putting Larry in the car first, then going back for Lennon, throwing him over my shoulder (kicking and screaming) and calmly just throwing him into his carseat.
Once that wore off I just told him we were leaving him and have fun sleeping at the park tonight. That worked eventually once we explained about bad guys, etc....it's all about manipulation and lies, Berkley. He'd come running.
It will get easier. Three is so much easier than two was for me.
I think it's so fun that you get together for these play dates. I couldn't help but crack up about Bailey crying and wanting to go swing at the end!! I love that girl!! Looks like your zoo is super fun and perfect for kids. I love the spray thingy.
Post a Comment